Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Abandoned Cross-stitch, the best cake ever, and ancient history


 
 
Yay finally! The Abandoned Cross-stitch clutches are in MiuAndUmi! What a relief to get the ideas out of my noggin and into the shop. Now I can stop obsessing over them! I went through a brief phase of - shall we say - intense interest? Scouring op-shops, sewing until all hours, generally being a terrible wife and mother (oh, the shame). Meh, you know I don't care. I'm like the honey badger.
 

 

Say hello to the best cake ever. (According to the newly 8-year-old PomPom.) It was an epic production, wherein I displayed all the emotions a human is capable of, and possibly discovered a few new ones. It took. All. Day. But was worth it because of the delicious love I got in return. And ahem - Instagram/Facebook kudos which I lapped up like the shameless praise whore I really am.
Would you like to see me giving it out indiscriminately on Instagram? I'm melanieshmelanie.
 
 
Terrible photo quality, I know, and I just love that I managed to capture the one corner of the kitchen where the tiles are still waiting for their grout... But none of that matters, because...
 
 


PINATA CAKE!!!!!!!!!
 

 
Did I mention that I also made rainbow cupcakes and threw a little party at the playground? Yeah.
 

 
 
Pink lemonade! I sugared the kids up real nice. Parties are fun, aren't they?
 
Oh, and while I think of it...
 

 
A good birthday for me. Not for the horse.
 
So May is now a fading memory, and I'm no longer able to say "but it's my birthday month" when I want to get my own way. I raised $200.60 for Kiss Goodbye to MS and feel proud of my contribution. I even made a celebratory collage. Impressed? I know I am.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous collection of fun times. I'm still marvelling at that pinata cake - I loved seeing it so much the first time around, but my second course is even better. Giddy up!!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...